Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just Around the Corner

It's pouring down rain as I write.  But yesterday was a beautiful day in Paris Landing.  The temperature was in the high 50's, the sun was out and there was no wind.  I think the wind blew itself out the night before.  Days like yesterday are one of the things I like so much about living here.  They're kind of like little spring vacations.  We'll have a week of cold, wet, windy weather, then a day like yesterday that makes you want to get out and play.

So play I did.  And while I was out playing I discovered these -





The daffodils are starting to bud!!!  I really get excited when I see these.  I know Winter isn't over, but can Spring be far behind?

And if you look close ....



The Bradford Pear's fuzzy little velvet buds are starting to turn green.  It won't be long til they bloom.  We have a lot of these around Paris Landing and they put on quite a show.

So ... hang in there.  Spring is just around the corner.