Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sitting Rocks

Way down there at the bottom of the hill are some sandstone rocks.



They've been there as long as I can remember, but perhaps they used to be a little larger.  We always called them the "Sitting Rocks" for obvious reasons.  They were a perfect place to sit.

This is my Grandma Ruby Hailey Heavrin sitting on one of the rocks
around 1965. I took this photo of her and then she took one of me.


Here's another one she took of me standing on more of the rocks closer to the bank.


Everytime I see these rocks I think of my Grandma and the beautiful fall day we took these photos.  The rocks have become a sort of special place for my family.  

A place we continue to sit at and ponder and take photos.



Who would have thought a few Kentucky Lake rocks could evoke such nostalgia.

You can see more Kentucky Lake rocks on my other blog here.